Thursday, March 18, 2010

Creativity; Better Late than Never

When building our log house back in 1983, I had always thought that the logs linking the back portion of the house to the front portion would make a great interior totem pole. Over the last two days I have enjoyed fullfilling this fantasy on three of the five log butts using simple hand tools. Although rather crude, I did have fun! My only reget is that I did not do this years ago when the kids would have been here to enjoy them in their day to day comings and goings. Here you see the first creation and "butts" soon to carved.
Any animal suggestion for the 4th log butt from the bottom?

Carving ID from top to bottom:
an elephant
a bat
a trout
[OK ... that's a joke, the craving from bottom to top are:
Bottom: snapping turtle
Middle: black bear
Top: A sitting beaver with it's tail between it's legs]
View coming down stairs from kids bedrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment