Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Nose Job

After hiking so much of the Finger Lakes' Main and Branch Trails this past year, I volunteered with a GREAT Alley-Cat trail crew to construct "switch-backs" on Mt. Washington near Hammondsport, NY (August 31st - September 4th, 2009).


In my excitement to haul a large stone slab up and out of a near by ravine to construct a trail step; my feet slipped as tried to flip the slap up the steep ascent. The force I was using to flip the rock upward was transfered into forceful and downward "head butt" with the back flopping rock


...and the rock won!


Bob provided First Aid on the trail


The laceration with 5 stitches

Four hours and five stitches later to close the 1.2cm laceration on my right nostil; I was "off" the work crew under doctor's orders to give the wound time to heal and for the stitches to be removed.


P.S. The good news is there is no broken nose and or teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment