Saturday, February 25, 2012

Relief ='s two new totems

On March 27, 2010 I wrote about carving animal totems where several log butts protruded from an interior wall in our log house. At that time I completed three of the five log ends.
[Click on the link below to see that particular blog entry]
The two unfinished log butts are above
the beaver, bear, and turtle heads
For the past few days I have intermittently been working to finish the project started in 2010 with a sharp pruning saw, hand chisels, a rasp, sand paper and my imagination.The original intent (1983) was to create a totem pole affect using NY state animals to entertain our kids as they went up and down the stairs while growing up. Unforturnately for the creative side of life, this relief intent was shelved due to the demands of the work world.

Hurray for the "tiring" work of retirement!  
A frog and a canadian goose
were released from top two log ends.  
When I asked my visiting grandson "What he saw?"
he guessed the frog correctly,

...but when asked about the top figure he said;

"A penquin?"
You know - he might be right!
It does look like a flying "penquin".


'Chendrashaker'

No comments:

Post a Comment