Monday, March 2, 2009

Here we go again!


Learning something new as I set up this personal blog posting site.


I needed a place to record my thoughts and activities in my world. Chendrashaker was my American Peace Corps name ... it means "moon watcher" if I recall correctly. That was 40 years ago.


I also wanted a place where I could post my hiking experiences without cluttering the emails sent to friends with redundant pictures and experience descriptions.


The weather continues to be cold as I prepare for a Tuesday (3/3) - Saturday (3/7) back packing hike on the Finger Lakes Trail. Traveling light, yet sleeping warm on cold nights is essential, so final decisions about final packing will be made today.


My route will begin on Burnt Hill Road about 10 miles northwest of Watkins Glen and proceed through the Connecticut Hills Wildlife Management Area eastward towards Ithaca, NY. The trail then proceeds southward throught the Danby State Forest and then eastward through the Sindagin Hollow State Forest. Now the trail turns northward across the Potato Hill, Robinson Hollow, and Hammond Hill State Forests for a exit and pick up on NYS Rt 38 south of Dryden, NY. Overnights will be spend in Adirondack style Lean-To's scattered along the trail system.

No comments:

Post a Comment